Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I Voted

Today I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could vote after all in the primary -- I had been under the impression that, since Minnesota has a caucus instead of a primary, I wouldn't be able to vote absentee. However, just this morning I found out that Americans living abroad can vote in person in various world cities at Democrats Abroad, which has its own delegates -- 11 of them. So Americans everywhere abroad count as a kind of 51st state, apparently. I don't know why I've never been aware of this before, but I suppose in most cases it doesn't end up being a deciding factor so it doesn't get much coverage, and I think it's pretty new. In any case, it was exciting to find out that I could vote after all! Polling in Denmark has already closed, with Obama coming out on top, 98-37. Maybe those 135 Danish votes will end up being the deciding factor in the closest race in history...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay obama! not only denmark--he took minnesota too. i just got an email from him letting me know. we are close.